You should set up Sparrow wallet based on your specific preferences and requirements. This is meant to be a guide and not a recommendation or advice.
This simple setup guide is for the simplest possible implementation. You can see a more custom ordinals-focused option in the Ordinal Theory Handbook.
- Download Sparrow wallet directly from https://sparrowwallet.com. Do not use software from any other website, app store, or elsewhere.
- Select your privacy settings. In order to see live transaction data, you'll need to select a public option or use an existing private method of your choice.
- Create a new wallet. Select script type: Taproot (P2TR)
- Select an option. If you don't know which to choose and don't have a hardware wallet, choose "New or Imported Software Wallet"
- Select Mnemonic and select to generate a seed phrase. Write it down somewhere safe. Then confirm it and re-type in the seed phrase.
- Apply the changes, then import the wallet you just created.
- You're all set. Your addresses will be listed on the Addresses tab. Each one may be labeled. Since this wallet doesn't yet support viewing inscriptions, consider sending one to each wallet and labeling the wallet with the inscription ID or a friendly name.
Find more help and docs at Sparrow Wallet's website.
Please note: Your sparrow wallet needs to be "connected" to show new transactions. If you don't see your ordinal after it is complete, double check that you're connected.